Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’m guessing that you ended up on this site because you were looking for a homesteading resource – and place to learn, a place to feel welcome, and a place to feel, well, awesome.
I am SO glad you came.
Here at the Faulk Farmstead, you will have your fill of homesteading life, farmies (our animals on the farm), tasty recipes for real food, DIY projects galore, and musings on family life! To learn more about our family, head on over to the About Us page – It’s so nice to meet you!
Finally, sign up for my newsletter – and I’ll make sure you always are the first to hear when I post something new!
Homesteading life is new to us – But we feel like it is the life we were meant to have. Here’s some posts about how we got started:
- Lessons we learned in our first year of homesteading/farmsteading
- Our goals for the upcoming year
- Meet our farmies!
- Balancing it all
- Preparing for our first fall – and winter!
Are you a farmie addict? Do you love livestock? We sure do – and we have lots to go around!
- Chickens: Why we love them
- Smitten with Sally Gooden – our cow
- Raising chickens
- Butchering our first chicken
- Goats on the farmstead – babies!
Is gardening more your thing? This year we initiated a big garden expansion! Follow our path, from seedlings, to ground-breaking, to harvest, and to the table…
DIY projects are a must on a homestead – Frugality is key!
- Dandelion Salve for aches and pain
- Buttery lip balm
- Rendering your own lard
- All-purpose cleaner
- Make your own calcium-supplement for chickens
- Cloth napkins
Foodiness? Right up my alley!
- Our top seven homesteading kitchen tools
- Elk heart – a walk on the adventurous foodie side!
- Golden Milk – Nectar of the Gods
- French onion chicken salad
- Homemade mayo – completely foolproof
- Mel’s Yummy AND Healthy Gran Bar Squares
- Homemade Applesauce
- Stovetop coffee
- Home-canned Taco Pinto beans
Thanks again for visiting us at the Faulk Farmstead – and happy homesteading!