Mmmmmmmmm maple syrup….
Pure, dark, robust maple syrup is my hands-down favorite foodie item to use for sweetening. Yes, even more than honey. Surprised? In my opinion, there is nothing on the sweet spectrum that rivals the complexity of pure maple syrup. (Hey now, don’t you worry – Raw honey still holds a dear place in my heart. Just not within the realm of today’s blog post.) I recently had the opportunity to get my hot little hands on a bottle of Mohawk Valley Trading Co’s Pure Maple Syrup. Fan-freakin-tastic! Seriously! The sweet, yet complex flavor of the syrup was unlike syrup I had had before. Completely hooked. And I may or may not have hidden the bottle from the rest of the family. Between you and I. Looking for some new recipes to use while you give pure maple syrup a try?
- Maple Walnut Topping – PERFECT for ice cream or on top of an apple crisp (learningandyearning.com)
- the Perfect Keurig Iced Latte – sweetened with maple syrup, of course! (greeneggsandgoats.com)
- Maple Butter – I might be able to eat this with a spoon. No joke. (ohsheglows.com)
- Strawberry Maple Jam – Only two ingredients! (learningandyearning.com)
- Maple Mocha (plantoeat.com)
- Maple Pecan Pie – What a treat! (learningandyearning.com)
- Maple Chipotle BBQ Sauce – Just in time for Spring/Summer grilling (mamamiss.com)
- Homemade Marshmallows – Sweetened with maple syrup! (diynatural.com)
- BONUS LINK: Not maple syrup, but black walnut syrup! See how to make it here!
Overwhelming for the foodie eyes, right? Aside from the flavor, I prefer to use maple syrup for sweetening my food and drinks because it is naturally derived. Mohawk Valley Trading Co’s maple syrup is made primarily from sugar maple sap, which is preferred to make maple syrup with, due to the higher sugar content. Their maple syrup is now MY preferred syrup to use, due to the high quality – and excellent flavor! Wow! I bet you’re now wondering how YOU can get your hands on some of their maple syrup for yourself, am I right? Well wouldn’t you know, Mohawk Valley Trading Co. is giving away a bottle of the very same maple syrup to one of my readers! Ready for this?
Follow these easy steps below to enter!
1. Subscribe to the Faulk Farmstead Newsletter by entering your email below.