I can’t believe I actually get to say this, but….. The weather was freaking gorgeous this weekend! Cold, crisp, and SUNNY! I know! Crazy town!
I really do feel that this is when the farmstead looks the prettiest, most idyllic to me – mist across the pasture, sunlight bouncing off of everything, and NO RAIN IN SIGHT. 🙂
Because of the whole “no rain” thing, I actually feel like I got some things accomplished this weekend. Ya’ll ready for this?
- Two water tank de-icers have finally been purchased – and in place. Our mornings have been right around 23 degrees this week – which makes for extra work in the morning, hauling buckets of hot water out to the pasture to de-ice the farmie’s water containers. Ain’t nobody got time for that! I finally bit the bullet and forked out the money – And the dear hubby got them perfectly installed. Score.
- The farmie’s bedding was freshened up – Because everyone likes a clean bed. Oh, and clean sheets for me too. 🙂 Hey, I’ve been busy!
- Carrots and beets finally harvested. Yep, I’m a procrastinator. The harvest was small, but it was hard work – I’m HURTING today (Hmmmm, thank God for my Dandelion Salve, right?)
- Housecleaning. Yes, this is a big deal. Life has been crazy busy this week – especially with us leaving town for 2 nights for a getaway). And doesn’t life just feel that much more in control when your house is cleaned up a bit? That’s what I thought too.
- Treats made – The kiddos got spoiled this weekend with cookies made with leftover granola on Saturday and blueberry pomegranate cherry kombucha gummies (now that’s a mouthful, eh?) on Sunday. Guess who’s happy? 🙂 (Here’s the gelatin and molds I used)
- 2 gallons of raw milk picked up from the farmer. Sheer happiness here. Nothing more to say.
- It was bread baking time this weekend! Not a lot makes me happier than fresh bread. The smell, the taste, the way butter just melts on it…. Mmmmmmmmm..
- Vanilla Orange Sugar Scrub – I had a LOT of orange peels leftover from making orange juice with hubby today, and you know me – I can’t let it go to waste! So off they went into the food processor with some organic sugar and EVOO – and ended up with 5 1/2 jars of sugar scrub! Score again!
All in all, I’m feeling pretty good about my weekend. I had my kids and my husband here with me. The kids played hard, parents worked hard, and now I get to hang on the couch and watch some ball with my dear.
Oh, and the dogs played pretty hard this weekend too… 😉
All smiles here…
**NOTE: To help me to support my blogging, I may receive monetary
compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation,
testimonial and/or link to products via my blog.